How to Do Your Business Proudly
In America we just celebrated our beginnings as a country with the fourth of July Independence Day Holiday. I spent mine producing a video and with my family.
Now that we’re all back to work we need to refocus off festivities, cookouts and fireworks.
Sonia Simone, a co-founder and CMO of Copyblogger media posted an article on this interesting topic titled How to Find Your Own Independence Day
Here is a break down summarizing what Sonia Simone said [she is an amazing writer by the way].
- Start treating your business like a business.
- Stop apologizing and shuffling when asked what to do – tell them loud and clear
- Stop obsessing over small costs when it doesn’t come close to your monthly Starbucks tab
- You have to learn how to sell
- Take your business seriously now
- Every minute you waste is lost time
- You are a business owner. Own it.
She ends her post with a perfect conclusion snippet of advice.
Start treating your business like a business and it will start to grow and flourish. That’s how you’ll create the independence you deserve.
Happy Independence Day!
So many business owners treat their business as a hobby, not taking it seriously. Those actions result in failure. Running a successful business is hard work. The bold short summary points are the most important. The last bold item is simply true, you are a business owner, own it.
When you take Sonia’s advice you are not guaranteed success, if you ignore it though you will realize failure.
Reply with your comments and share this with your network, I’d love to hear what you think.