Succeeding at social media takes work and time.
Failing at social media is easy.
If you want to fail skip this list and move along.
Want to succeed? Read on, here’s what not to do.
- No plan was set up to define what success is from the beginning so that you are measuring results from the start and judging what works and what dosen’t.
- You haven’t listed your location, address or phone number in the social profile.…how will they know where you are and what number to call?
- No description is provided of what the company does or what it sells….customers are not mind readers.
- Your main website is not social media friendly….how do I share this or tweet about it?
- No client testimonials….am I their first customer?
- You haven’t included any calls to action such as click here or the occasional buy this post.
- You haven’t posted in a month – or longer….are you closed?
- Few likes, followers, circles or listings….maybe they’re bad?
- You post bad or offensive jokes….maybe you’re not as funny as you think?
- You post constantly. Many posts about selling too often….why are they desperate for customers?
- You forgot to post when the sale starts and ends….I wish you had posted, I would have bought it on sale!
- You have no photos or the photos are terrible.
- The posts are always about you.…what about the customer, do they matter?
- Lack of value sharing in the form of news articles or snippets of valuable information.
- No reciprocation of likes, shares or congratulatory posts.
- Misspelled words appear unprofessional. Bad grammar will too.
- Misuse of proper capitalization in sentence structure. Each sentence starts with a capital letter and ends in a period….What grade did they finish school at?
- POSTS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS means you’re yelling. Please stop.
- Excessive use of itinialisms such as LOL, TTYL, TTFN, CYL, FYI are annoying.
- Excessive smile faces or 8.) and :…) are reserved for texting.
- Swearing, cursing or offensive language is awful. So are posts done with anger.
- Negative opinions of competitors or complaining will be misinterpreted.
- Lying, plagiarism and stealing photos and content is wrong, especially online you can be sued.
- Gossiping is also pretty bad. Rumor spreading is also….I can’t believe they said that?
Are you guilty? I think all of us are guilty of at least one, or two….ok so move on, think positively about social media and stop failing!