Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, apply digital filters to them, and share them on a variety of social networking services, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr. [via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instagram]
Instagram is where savvy businesses focus outreach.
- Instagram via the PC or a smart phone application is free
- Integration with Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, Flikr and Mixi is easy
- Sharing is fast and efficient
- Filters transform mediocre mobile photos to professional looking snapshots
- Current Instagram monthly active users surpass 200 million just behind Twitters 255 million
- Instagram management believes growth will soon eclipse 1 billion
- Multiple ways to reach your target audience with video, text and photos
- User growth doubles every year
- Facebook owns it
- Two-thirds of Instagram users are outside the United States of America
- It’s fun to use
Instagram profiles are neglected, so are posts highlighting important calls to action.
Do visitors know what you do, who you are or what services you offer?
My desire is that you know right away what I do and where to find my services.
Business growth begins as a desire from a customer.
Instagram forges a connection between personal and business. Customers know you are real, that your passion is making them happy and that you exist in many forms. Not many like fake people or fake business do they?
Tips and savvy outreach ideas:
- Complete your bio with relevant information, your website is a must
- Include informative text with each video and photo
- Ask for a double tap
- Share offers and discounts
- Use Instagram direct for privately shared photos or videos
- Run contests and giveaways
- Use hashtags
- Promote local success stories
- Take candid photos of your pets to share once in a while
- Develop a unique short hashtag for your business
- Post a photo of your QR tag
- Make a video of walking in to your location from the street right into the front door
- Have fun with photos, be goofy and keep a smile on your face
- Like others photos to engage your customers